Friday, September 19, 2014

So much walking!

Alrighty, so I am going to try to fill you in on what's been going on so far, along with including some photos. I have only been here a week and it's been so packed full of adventures and experiences! So stay with me as I update you on everything that has been happening!

So lets start with September 16, 2014:
On this day, we were shown how to get to our respective colleges and what would be the fastest tubes to take. My campus (Marlybone) was having their Freshers fair (Translation: A Co-curricular fair for the incoming freshman- even though we are seniors). It was a lot to take in and there were a lot of people and clubs. We ended up signing up for the rowing club and hopefully we will actually try it (haven't gotten an email yet from the club and its almost been a week, is that a bad sign?) Anyways, Adrienne, Kelsey, Emily, and I later on went to a wine garden by the River Thames. Since we were so close to the river, we had to take pictures.



September 17, 2014:
This was a day full of walking. I walked 20,000 steps (according to my phone). The 4 of us went on our own to sightsee and first went to Kensington Gardens were we saw the Sunken Gardens along with a furry friend named Otto. 
 





We then went to a local pub where I had an ale pie with beef and oh my goodness it was wonderful! It was so delicious and I became a member of the Clean Plate Club afterwards. We then had to go to a 4 level Victoria Secrets since Kelsey worked for them for 2 years. She asked one of the sale ladies if we were able to go into an Angel Suite, (only really rich or famous people can go in but we were allowed!!!) Kelsey's day was made. 

After a long day of walking, we were exhausted and Emily and I took a cold bath for our feet and ate ice cream. I surprisingly went out later on that night with some other API girls and we visited some pubs and chatted. It was a full day, and I slept well that night.

September 18, 2014:
We took it slow this day. We were still tired from yesterday, so we just went to the British Museum which is nicely placed just a block away from our flat. If you didn't already know this, I hate museums. I find them boring and dull. I'm not going to read every plaque about every little jar they have behind glass. I'm just not going to do that.

     
Later on the day was a Westminster boat cruise for all the international kids (I can't believe I'm considered an international person). We were promised free food (which always attracts college kids), but when we got on the 3 hour boat ride, we found out that it was a misprint.....yay. So we got some great photos and met some people, but we were so hungry when we left. 
        
Here is the bridge from the Harry Potter 6 movie!


Once the boat ride was done, Kelsey, Adrienne, and I had the misfortune of having to walk to a different/farther tube station to refill our tube tickets since the closer one did not work. We finally got close to our flat and I didn't remember seeing a McDonalds close to our flat so I was ready to just find something to buy at the local grocery store but then I saw it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the golden arches and gasped out loud in excitement. I will tell you this: it was the best McDonalds I have ever had and I have no shame for the amount I ate. It was a great way to end the day and I went to bed with a full and happy belly.

Hope you enjoyed this blog post and hopefully I didn't bombard you with too many photos, there are just so many picture opportunities!!

- Claire


1 comment:

  1. The rowing club sounds like a great idea! So cool! And you saw the Harry Potter bridge!

    ReplyDelete