Monday, August 25, 2014

I don't think we can be friends Delta Airlines

Welcome readers and thanks for giving my blog and I a second chance!

So what have I been up too lately? 
- I went to Wisconsin to celebrate my birthday with my roommates (my parents ditched me to go to Colorado, no hard feelings).
- I had a great time seeing all of my friends, but it was sad to say goodbye.
- They started school and I went back home to work a few more weeks.
- My sister and her boyfriend came up for Labor day weekend. We had a blast!
- Went to the Minnesota State Fair (I've never seen so many foods on a stick before!)
- We had a Labor day party and invited the relatives over so they could meet the boyfriend. They approved.
- Mom and I went to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival (that was an eye opener. It seemed like a lot of people waited for this moment this whole year and really went above and beyond with there costumes.  Let's just say it was a cultural experience for me).
- I started the inevitable project of packing.....


Delta Airline Rules:
1 Free checked bag that has to be under 50lbs (2nd bag is an extra $100-heck no).
1 Personal bag you can bring on the plane (how kind of them).

Now, I have a few things going against me:
1. I'm a girl, and I live up to the status quo of overpacking.
2. I'm going to be away for 3 months.
3. I have no idea what to expect weather wise in London.
4. Since I don't really know what temperatures to expect, I worry, and then pack extra stuff just in case (this is a dangerous cycle and nothing good comes of it).
5. I am officially screwed.
So I would like to thank Delta for their restrictions and pray that my bag doesn't weigh 51.2 lbs when I check in.

So packing has really been a highlight of my life lately (not!) and I just love running around the house like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to gather last minute things together (sarcasm). My mind is constantly running (even at 4:30a.m.----meh) and telling me not to forget to pack something. I consider all of this my work out for the day and then I therefore don't feel bad about sitting on my butt for the rest of the night.


So wish me luck as I take on this beast of a problem and hopefully I will come out alive and victorious.

- Claire




3 comments:

  1. CLAIRE! I feel your Delta struggles. I'm leaving for the Netherlands tomorrow so luggage is a major stressor for me too. Bon voyage and let's meet up when we're abroad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you'll have to worry about very cold temperatures. I was there for Christmas once and the weather was typically in the 40s-50s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is you will be able to wash clothes in London so you can most likely get along on lots fewer clothes than you think. And how sad if you have to buy a new pair of shoes or a jumper. Your parents will have lots of excess room in their suitcases to take back stuff you have figured out you don't need.

    ReplyDelete